Saturday, July 25, 2009

Having some time on my hands

and determined that today I would finish a little lap quilt I had started months ago. The embroidered blocks I had stitched out a few months ago, and are from Ace Points. I had purchased the solid moss green, with the coordinating strip fabric and didn't quite know what I was going to make out of them, but I knew I loved the colors. Looking at some of my embroidery designs, I determined that I would just stitch out this Ace Points set (AP 564 - Dainty Rose Quilt) and go from there.

Well, the blocks sat for months due to work. On Wednesday of this past week, I managed to get the stripped fabric cut and the top pieced together. Thursday night I had a few minutes to find a backing. After pinning everything together and getting it 'quilted', I took it up to Hancocks to find the binding that I wanted to use. I couldn't determine if I wanted the pink, green, or cream. I selected the pink and think it finishes off the quilt quite nicely. Anyway, here it is...

Little Girl's lap quilt

Little Girl's lap quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment