Sunday, June 30, 2013

Free Standing Masquerade Mask for 18 inch dolls

So, I made McKenna a little skirt with some fabric that I had purchased which had the carnival style masks as the print.  I have been intending to make some skirts for a while.

After I finished the skirt, I remembered some mask embroidery designs that I had digitized a year or so ago, and thought one might be cute as a mask for my American Girl.

I had to adjust the size down, and make sure that the eye holes were where you could see her eyes.  This first mask is full face.  I think that any future ones I digitize will be half face.  I mainly wanted to see if it was possible.



I should have coordinated the color of this stitch out more with the colors in the fabric.  It was fun and I think unique.

Click on the image above if you want to see a larger picture, or click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment